Why Do You Need Foreign Divorce Opinion Letter In Ontario?

Why do you need a divorce letter for foreign readers?

No problems with getting married again in Ontario after one or both parties to the marriage have been divorced. However, if one or both parties divorced outside Canada, you will be asked to produce a letter of the opinion of foreign divorce to have your marriage license applications received. 

This is to prove that divorce issued in another country, in fact, legitimate and you are free to marry in Ontario. You can hire the best divorce lawyer in Brampton online at https://divorcego.ca/brampton-divorce/.

Why do you need a lawyer in Ontario?

You will need to contact an attorney in Ontario to request a letter of opinion of the foreign divorce. Your lawyer will need to be satisfied that you are looking for a legal divorce to be recognized in Ontario. In order to satisfy yourself that your divorce is valid, your attorney will need to do some research into the divorce laws of the country where you are divorced. 

How to Find a Good Lawyer and Pay Attorney Fees

Image Source: Google

They will then see the couple arranged marriage laws in their country of residence and the ways in which the law is applied to them. After completing this study, your attorney will give an opinion on whether or not this should be considered a valid divorce in Canada. 

The lawyer you have hired will list all the reasons that they feel divorce is illegal and should be recognized. This letter will be effective only if in writing and signed by attorney Ontario. 

If you try to write this letter himself, no matter how much research or time you have spent on the details, the Ontario Registrar General will not accept it. Ontario lawyer you use should also be recognized by the Law Society of Ontario. Otherwise, their mail will also be rejected by the Registrar General.